ACME has worked with hundreds of educators in our 15 year history.
Our mission is to support educators in the teaching of creative skills to help students succeed in the 21st century. Our programs supplement existing curricula – not only for traditional arts, animation and digital media programs, but for English, Technology and Social Sciences as well.
Currently, we are working with approximately 160 classes – largely in California, but also in Utah, Louisiana, Michigan, Wyoming and New York.
The ACME program provides valuable background materials, as well as practical lesson plans and tutorials to enable teachers to get up to speed quickly with the Animation curriculum. Many of our teachers were new to these skills when they started off.
Membership Benefits to Educators
ACME offers students and educators a curriculum focused on the fundamental principles of animation. All members are eligible to receive alerts for special events, webinars and opportunities relevant to their level of artistic and professional development.
Classroom Management Tools and Views:
Class Activity Feed: Enabling educators to keep an eye on their students’ latest activity on a class by class basis, or globally.
• View all artworks uploaded by a class, or drill down to look at work uploaded by a particular student
• View all comments uploaded by a class, or drill down to look at work uploaded by a particular student
Class Roster: Educators have the ability to view an online roster for their class. The roster is a helpful grading tool, that reports totals on student’s uploads and comments, giving educators the ability to monitor student performance against assignments. The roster is interactive, allowing educators to drill down and interact with the work of an individual student.
• Your class(es) roster(s) can be sorted by student name, date joined, last activity, comments and uploads.
• Drill down to view and interact with an individual student’s artwork and comments.
Class Bulletin: Allows educators to post bulletins and assignments to one or more classes at one time.
ACME comes with a wide range of instructional videos and support materials to compliment educators’ existing syllabi and to get you and your class up and running on the ACMEanimation.org.
• Optional lessons and exercises,
• Instructional videos and tutorials,
• Extensive archive of student and professional work,
• Webinars and videos with creative industry professionals,
• Ongoing guidance and technical support,
• The ability to assess and measure student progress against quantifiable criteria,
• Digital classroom management tools and student roster to track student activity and communications with detailed metrics.
ACME Educator’s annual Membership is $300 per year. Contact us to learn more about enrollment periods.