PAY IT FORWARD Mentoring. Receive the help you need. Get real world experience.
PAY IT FORWARD mentoring means that you are expected to share what you know, and help others – just as you are being helped by other students, and by the professionals who give their time to ACME That way everybody wins. ACME supports your work and your growth.
This is different from other classrooms. In an ACME classroom:
- You are encouraged to talk to your neighbor!
- You are encouraged to see what someone else is doing!
- You are encouraged to collaborate!
- You are encouraged to keep on trying (there is no right or wrong – “do-overs” are a good thing!)
In many cases, your grade may depend on how much help all of the students are giving to each other.
Everybody works together in a collaborative environment that is more like a real world job than it is like what you’re used to at school.
That is intentional: ACME was designed to give you a taste of what it’s like out in the real world, and an opportunity to hear from successful professionals about how they got to where they are today.
And you can be sure that mentoring – working with someone closely to help them improve – was a key factor in their growth and their achievements.
ACME Animation working skills include:
- Media and visual literacy
- Critical thinking,
- Taking initiative,
- Social responsibility,
- Time management
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback